Saturday, August 18, 2007

A tribute to Tammy...

The blog has been quiet here in the last few days. The silence has been much needed. It was to reflect on the sudden loss of a dear sister in Christ, Tammy Litton. Tammy was not just the wife of Pastor Ed Litton of First Baptist North Mobile. She was someone whom I considered a friend. She was a wise woman, who I am so fortunate to have learned so much from over the years. My most precious and treasured memories will always be of our time spent teaching a children's choir class together. I will always be thankful to Tammy for what she taught me....yes, me. She didn't just come and teach the children every week. She taught me as well, sometimes I feel more than she taught them. I will forever be thankful to the Lord for placing her in my life and the lives of many others. Tammy could not meet someone and not touch them to the very core. The love of her Savior, Christ Jesus, beamed from every inch of her. She exemplified a dutiful, supportive, submissive wife. She manifested an incredibly awesome gift at motherhood. She poured out her musical talent for everyone within reach to soak in. She sang, she played music, she blessed. She was Tammy, lover of her Lord, wife to Ed, momma to Josh, Tyler and Kayla, teacher of music, girlfriend to many. Last Thursday night's tragic car wreck took Tammy from this earth in an instant..... Tammy, however, left a lifelong legacy of a faithful servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. She was faithful to the end. She is now basking in the presence of the Lord that she so willfully, graciously and humbly served. She will be greatly missed, but she is where she was made to be. I count it all joy to know that I will see her again. I am a better person from having shared a brief time on this earth with her. It's not "goodbye Tammy", but "see you soon Tammy".....
We thank God for sparing the life of Kayla. We continue to pray for strength and comfort for Pastor Ed, Josh, Tyler and Kayla and the many other family members during this time. We pray that God will hold up their arms as only He can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home