Sunday, May 18, 2008

He Knows

Just when I start worrying in the flesh, I stumble along something to make me stop and listen. I love CyberHymnal, and just happened to be reading a few "very oldies", and found these words. They immediately ministered to my anxious heart.
I know not what awaits me,
God kindly veils mine eyes,
And o’er each step of my onward way
He makes new scenes to rise;
And ev’ry joy He sends me, comes
A sweet and glad surprise.
(Refrain)
Where He may lead me I’ll follow,
My trust in Him repose
And ev’ry hour in perfect peaceI’ll sing,
He knows, He knows;
And ev’ry hour in perfect peace I’ll sing,
He knows, He knows. One step I see before me,
’Tis all I need to see,
The light of Heav’n more brightly shines,
When earth’s illusions flee;
And sweetly through the silence,
came His loving “Follow me.”
(Refrain)
O blissful lack of wisdom,
’Tis blessèd not to know;
He holds me with His own right hand,
And will not let me go,
And lulls my troubled soul to restIn Him Who loves me so.
(Refrain)
So on I go not knowing,
I would not if I might;
I’d rather walk in the dark with God
Than go alone in the light;
I’d rather walk in faith with Him
Than go alone by sight.
(Refrain) He knows, He knows, He knows.
Words: bio("Mary G. Brain­ard","b/r/a/brainard_mg") Mary G. Brain­ard, in The Con­gre­ga­tion­al­ist, 1869; ar­ranged by Phil­ip P. Bliss in Gos­pel Hymns No. 3, cir­ca 1876. Music: bio("Phil­ip P. Bliss","b/l/i/bliss_pp");lmn("h/e/k/He%20Knows") Phil­ip P. Bliss (MI­DI, score).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home