God Bless America
Today was not like any other. It didn't start as the usual "email over eggs and toast at my desk" kind of day. I was invited to a Veteran's Day breakfast at 7:30a.m. which was to be downtown, at the International Trade Club. I'll have to admit, at first I was less than excited. I fully expected it to be like any other business breakfast. Blah, blah, blah, invocation, breakfast, boring speech, benediction, DONE.
Boy, was I ever WRONG! What a blessing this morning turned out to be. I got to meet and share breakfast (that was actually pretty good) with some very nice men who just happened to have fought for my freedom. Not only did they fight for me, but they lost their buddies and brothers along the way, just to ensure that I could get up and breathe the air of freedom each day. I was also very privileged to hear a very patriotic and inspiring speech delivered by CMSGT Paul D. Moreau, the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Second Air Force, Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi. These men basically "blessed my socks off" this morning. I actually left there ashamed that I had been "grumbly" earlier in the morning about going. The Lord knew that I needed a swift reminder of just how important these men were to ensuring freedom for me and for my loved ones. He also reminded me of the loved ones from my family and Rob's family who fought for me as well in World War II, Vietnam, the Gulf War and the war in Iraq.
I know that I thanked these men earlier today, but I'll have to say it again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the selfless sacrifice of putting your lives on the line to give me freedom. May God continue to bless this great country of the United States of America.
Wife of Rob
Labels: McCain-Palin 2008


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home