"Me" Day
I am doing something today that I do not do very often, and that is, I am taking the day off from work. My shoulder has been bothering me since yesterday, so I decided to stay home and do the whole heat/ice process. I'm sure that I just slept on it wrong a couple of nights ago, so I'm not too worried. It's either that, or I've inherited one of my Mom's little past issues of "bursitis". At any rate, I just needed to be at home and not running like a mad woman, as I usually am doing when I'm in the office.
As I was sitting here reading some of my favorite blogs (I'd rather do that than read the newspaper....it's much more uplifting), I ran across a great prayer on Lifesong. I have always loved the writings of the great missionary, Amy Carmichael. Reading this prayer was a great reminder for me as I spend today at home alone (or "kind of alone"...I still have the zookeeping to do). I pray that I can have a "quiet mind" today and that I will grow more from the time that I can spend with the Lord today.
Lord, grant me a quiet mind,
That trusting Thee, for that art kind,
I may go on without a fear,
For Thou, my Lord, art always near.
~Amy Carmicheal
1867-1951
Wife of Rob
Labels: Prayers


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home