Cafe Chat--How Would My Life Look?
I was sort of taken aback at today's question on Cafe Chat. It wasn't that it was a bad question, but just that for me, it's a very deep question. Today's question is: How would my life look if I no longer struggled with _______? What if I was completely free from ______ through Christ’s power…(Put your struggle/stronghold in the blank) *Try to give some very specific ways your life would be different if you no longer struggled with your above named stronghold*
I would have to say that if I had to fill in these blanks, my struggle would be "fear of rejection". That is VERY hard to admit, but it's true. I could write for hours on this subject and the who, what, when, where and hows...but suffice it to say that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". And in Jeremiah....He promises to "prosper me and not to harm me". So, with that said, I am not saying that this stronghold is always in check, but much prayer and petition has gone into bringing it under the power of Christ. As for how my life would be different, I'm almost willing to say that if I didn't struggle with it at all (to some degree), then I wouldn't depend on the Lord to help me as much as I do now. He certainly has brought me past the point of it being a horrendous stronghold, but as I said before, it's only due to prayer and petition that it is "under control"---not totally gone, but "under control". I thank God for the power of Jesus Christ over strongholds!
Labels: Saturday's Cafe Chat


3 Comments:
Thanks for sharing your struggles.
Thanks so much for participating this week... I know that the questions are sometimes very challenging, but I hope in the end they can be used as a tool to get us communicating with God about our lives :)
Blessings... Kim
Wow, thanks for your honest and transparent post. You are much appreciated and loved in the blogosphere.
Thanks again for being willing to host Marriage Monday. See you tomorrow! :~D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home