Saturday's Cafe Chat
Here is the post from today's cafe chat at Christian Women Online:
First of all, since it is Valentines Day I want to send out my sisterly love in Christ to all the readers of the Internet Café, and especially a little extra love to the readers that have participated in our weekly Café Chats. You all are just blessing my socks off, at least when I am wearing socks .
A big thanks to all the bloggers that participated in last week’s “Chat”, as I know the question from last week was not an easy one by any measure. You ladies (so far only ladies have answered) have a lot of wisdom and depth of insight in your answers, and I am encouraged every week.
Well, I had a different question for this week, but when I realized the Chat question was going to fall on Valentines Day, I had to change it up to reflect the special day. The number one thing I associate with Valentines Day is “LOVE”, so let’s talk about love today.
Café Chat February 14th 2009
First of all, since it is Valentines Day I want to send out my sisterly love in Christ to all the readers of the Internet Café, and especially a little extra love to the readers that have participated in our weekly Café Chats. You all are just blessing my socks off, at least when I am wearing socks .
I can’t wait to read your stories this week, and regardless of whether you are single, dating, married or anything in-between have a wonderful Valentines Day! God loves you and that is what is really important on a day like today. Blessings friends, KimTell of one specific time in your Christian walk that you were overwhelmed with God’s love for you.
Okay...I'll tell you now, my answer is going to be what my Mother would call "mushy"! I can tell you without hesitation that outside of my salvation, the most overwhelmed with God's love for me during my Christian Walk was when I looked into the eyes of a man named Rob, and realized that He was sent from the Lord to be my one and only husband for the rest of my life. Marriage has taken a bad wrap for quite a while. Call me old fashioned, but I married for life. Because of that, it overwhelms me to think that the Lord, in His infinite wisdom, could find, match and knit together two very different people into a marriage together that is a sacred covenant between us and the Lord--FOR LIFE. It makes me feel like the most honored princess on the planet to know that my Heavenly Father hand picked my husband to meet every need that He gave me a desire to have met. Rob makes me laugh like no one else, he knows the inner most parts to my heart like no one else, He knows what can make me cry in less than 5 seconds flat, but he also knows what can make me suddenly burst into uncontrollable laughter. He makes the world go away for me. He's my earthly comforting companion. Most of all, he's my hero.
So....raise your hand if you think that I'm overwhelmed at God's love for me!
Labels: Saturday's Cafe Chat


7 Comments:
Amen, so very beautiful dear.
Thank you so much for sharing. That was 'overwhelming' and beautiful. God is SO amazing.
That is so precious!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Very sweet!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Thanks for participating today...Wow, what an awesome tribute to your husband...Just beautiful :)
I like mushy! I can totally relate to what you wrote. My husband is the love of God with skin on.
Beautiful! Your blog is so cute! Love "Pair of Bartletts" with the Bartlett pears!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home