Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wordless Wednesday...Beautiful Beaufort

The beauty of Beaufort, NC....a few sightseeing pictures from our Christmas travels to see Mom and Dad Bartlett:
The historic homes were absolutely beautiful!
This is Blackbeard's house (the REAL Pirate!)....the house's name is called "Hammock House"

This lighthouse is out on Harker's Island

(where they STILL speak "Ye Old English")

Photobucket

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Such lovely pictures.

January 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger sailorcross said...

I love old homes like these!! I've always been fascinated by them and how they've stood strong and sturdy for all these years!! And these homes how so much charm. I love the porches on "The Pirate's House". I suppose that upper porch is so he can watch out to sea to watch his ships come in, don't you think?

Not so easy to say that about the houses that are being built now.

Thanks for sharing these pictures with us!!

Beth

January 29, 2009 at 2:57 AM  
Blogger Carolina Mama said...

These are gorgeous pictures! You know, this makes you a Carolina Girl for sure with parents here. Come join the Carolina Girls Rollcall @ Carolina Mama. :)
Have a great day!

January 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger bp said...

I love seeing pictures of homes like that. God bless you.

January 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

oh lovely pictures! love the name of your blog too. i live in "bartlett pear" country! it's our favorite fruit :)

January 31, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home