Monday, January 26, 2009

Memory Monday to be continued



Well, it's been a very long week, to say the least. I will have to admit that I got NOWHERE with my memory verses from Memory Monday.  Here are some of the reasons why:

If you remember a while back, I wrote a post about the mother of 0ne of my employees, who was struggling with a mysterious illness and had been hospitalized on December 13th.  I regret to tell you that she lost her battle with this illness (I forgot to bring home my written piece of paper with the name...it's a VERY long name).  Mrs. Jackie went home to be with the Lord a few days ago...the funeral was today.  Please continue to pray for strength for her seven children and all of the grandchildren.  The grandchildren are really having a hard time, since most of them haven't been able to see their "MawMaw" since before she was hospitalized over a month ago...and now she's gone.  Thankfully, Mrs. Jackie was a believer and has gone home to be with the Lord and has now been reunited with her husband, who passed away several years ago. 

Also, Rob's Dad has been hospitalized and is struggling with some very serious heart issues, along with other illnesses that are making the battle even harder.  Please make him a matter of prayer this week.  I have not shared the whole story yet (and I will), but Rob was only reunited with his Dad recently after not seeing him in 36 years.  His Dad is a believer and we are so thankful that he has eternal salvation.  Now, the only issue is that Rob and his Dad desperately want to have more time together.  Unfortunately, we live 14 hours apart from Rob's Dad and step-Mom.  So, please pray tha both Rob and his dad will be able to spend many more times together.  We are SO blessed to have been able to spend almost all of Christmas week with them...they are memories that are emblazed in our minds...we will cherish them always.  I have handwritten out some of their story and hope to be able to share more later.  Right now, however, I'm just focused on Rob and his Dad and their times together. 

With all of that said, I'll try and get back on track with my memorization for next week.  I LOVE the accountability of the Memory Monday group....please excuse me for this week!



Photobucket

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Bless you and your dear husband. I am very sorry to hear about his dad. I will be praying for him. I am very glad that they have mended their relationship. Mrs. Jackies family will also be in my prayers.

January 27, 2009 at 5:31 AM  
Blogger sailorcross said...

What a week! Know that all of this in God's hands!!

My Father,

I lift up to you this morning Rob and his Dad. You know all that is in Rob's heart, and I pray that somehow You will make a path for them to spend more time together, allow them to embrace and know one another more.

I pray for the family of Mrs. Jackie, that they feel Your presence in their grief and rest in the knowledge that she is now safe in Your arms. What a blessed assurance to know that she is home!

I ask for a more peaceful week for this family as they continue to look to You for guidance and direction in all they do.

In Jesus' most precious name,

Amen

If you want to leave a prayer request for others to pray with you stop by and visit. We've started a new venture that you might be interested in.

January 27, 2009 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Hang in there, Jen. I'll definitely print this out and be praying for you and Rob and his dad.

Much love,

Joanne

January 27, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home