Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cafe Chat--Overcoming Struggles & Strongholds

Since I am just now getting to read the Cafe Chat post for the first time today, I'm just going to jump right in with a brief answer. Today's question is somewhat a carry over from last week's question.
"So, how can we be set free in Christ from our strongholds and struggles? (If you can please make sure to use scripture to support your answers)."
Honestly, when I read the question, an extremely simple answer popped into my head. Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) promises us that:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
When I put my faith in Christ, repented from sin and allowed Him to cleanse me of all of my unrighteousness, I put all of my hope and trust in Him, and only Him. By putting that trust in Him, I also put all of my faith in the fact that the Bible is God's infallible word. I believe EVERY word of the Bible. While the world thinks that the Bible is "a nice story" about "a nice man who was a teacher" and that it has some "great principles to live by", I happen to think much differently. I believe that the aforementioned "world view" is a bunch of flowery garbage. I believe that if the Bible tells me that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", then I can. And, if I can do that, then that means that I can overcome (and bring under control) ANY struggles or strongholds that come my way. This is not to say (by any stretch) that I can do this alone, but ONLY through the power of Christ "who strengthens me.
Photobucket

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Amen, so lovely.

March 7, 2009 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger you gotta wonder said...

You said it! Amen. I just visited a post that celebrates a song advising us to consider prayer. Turn away from Oprah! Turn to Jesus. Now...to convince the rest of the viewing audience....

http://signsmiraclesandwonders.blogspot.com/

March 8, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home