Thursday, May 22, 2008

Longer Walks.........

Praise God! Robert is doing FANTASTIC! He has amazed everyone, including the physical therapists with how well he is doing. The afternoon therapist said today, "you're the best hip I've ever had!". Coming from a physical therapist, I guess that's a huge compliment on progress. Robert has had therapy twice today and has even wanted to get up in between therapy times, which is not only great, but encouraged. I'm so proud of the progress that he has made. Actually, I noticed this afternoon that he wasn't limping anymore! Over the past few months, he had developed a limp due to favoring his left side from the pain in his right side. When he and the therapist walked down the hall towards me today....he was walking straight! This is nothing short of God healing him. We are so grateful to God for giving him such a rapid start to recovery. The only thing that we have not mastered are the complicated maneuvers that are used to get in and out of a bed and in and out of a chair.......but practice makes perfect, and practice is what we're doing. Tomorrow, the therapist is going to teach him how to walk on stairs again. Pray for an easy time with that, since apparently, it's even more difficult than the chair/bed maneuvers. I still can't thank everyone enough for the prayers that have been lifted up on Rob's behalf. The Lord has certainly answered our prayers so far. Thank you again to all. We love you all very much, Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home