Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blessing Our Mates

There was a time when it would be very hard for me to see someone get something that I have wanted for so long, only to know that it might now be the right time for me to have that something. 

Well, my husband desperately needed a new cell phone.  But this time, due to his business, he needed much more than a regular cell phone.  He needed a Blackberry....an 8820, to be exact.  It has every bell and whistle that you can possibly imagine.  It will handle your email, your directions when you are lost (yep, it has GPS), your calendar and all appointments, and you can surf every web page from here to kingdom come.  I think it will even go by the drycleaners and pick up the laundry, if you program it just right.  Needless to say, Rob has been like a kid at Christmas.  Since our anniversary is only 2 days apart from his birthday, this is what he really wanted (and needed), so this was my gift to him.  It's taken it a couple of days to get here, but it's here. 

Used to, I would have really been selfish in my heart and wanted one before anyone else (I like to call it a "bratty heart").  My bratty heart would have just not had it any other way but to have this new fangled piece of electronic bliss as soon as I could possibly get it.  But, I'll have to say, all the joy of having this Blackberry is in me handing this brand new toy to my husband and knowing how much he truly loves what I got for him and how much he appreciates it and will use it for God's glory.  The Lord takes so much delight when we put our selfish bratty hearts aside and bless others (and truly be hapy in the circumstance).  I thank God for such a wonderful husband that I do not deserve. It's humbling to know that in God's infinite wisdom, He knew that Rob and I were soulmates.  He fashioned each one of us for the other.  He blessed us with each other and now we look for ways to bless each other in this life.  It's not always about an expensive Blackberry.  It's certainly far from material for us.  But the blessings for us are found in the scores and scores of little things, like Rob picking me up from work on a weird middle of the week day, just to take me out to dinner across the bay for some quality time together.

Thank you Lord for my husband and thank you for the means to give him a gift that will benefit and bless him in his business so that He can serve you as the leader and provider for our home.  Amen.


Wife of Rob

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home