Saturday, December 20, 2008

Another Recipe for the Bazaar



Ladies....I forgot about another recipe that is just great for the holidays.  It's called Jezebel Sauce.  It is best when served over a block of cream cheese with some wheat thins, triscuits or really any cracker you choose.  Wheat thins just happen to be my favorite.  This also keeps for quite a long while in the refrigerator.  It's also a great gift if you break the recipe out into smaller jars and add some sweet embellishments to the gift jars.  I must warn you though, like the name Jezebel, this sauce has quite a kick to it.  The combination of the dry mustard and the horseradish leave it packing a little punch.  But with the cream cheese, it lightens it up just a bit.  I hope you enjoy....please let me know if you try it!  I would love to hear back from you!

Jezebel Sauce
1 (10 oz) jar of apple jelly
1 (10 oz) jar of pineapple preserves
1 (8 oz) jar of prepared horseradish
1 Tbsp of dry mustard
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. of onion powder

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl using a whisk.  Pour up into one large jar (or smaller jars for gift giving).  Refrigerate at least over night before the first serving to allow the flavors to marry.  After that, will keep in the fridge for about 3 months.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger sailorcross said...

AhHa!! Here it is!! I was just over at "firefly's" and saw that you had mentioned this.

Come to check out your blog, and here is the recipe!! YEAH!! My youngest will be coming home from Texas on Tuesday. Last CHRISTmas, she brought something similar with her that we had with cream cheese and crackers.

I'll be looking forward to making this for her!!

Thanks for the recipe.

Beth

December 20, 2008 at 2:00 AM  
Blogger HisFireFly said...

We love things like this, so I'll have to try it! Thanks for posting it.

I'll also have to remeber to share my recipe for hot pepper jelly which is delicious served the same way, on crackers with cream cheese.

The new blog format looks great.

December 20, 2008 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Wife of Rob said...

I love hot pepper jelly! I would love to have your recipe!

December 20, 2008 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Yummy.

December 20, 2008 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger sailorcross said...

And now I'm reading about hot pepper jelly? Oh, I love hot pepper jelly and have never made it!!

I'm flying off to firefly's to let her know that we must have this recipe!!

I'll be posting today at warmHarte and "The Power of Your Love".

Stop by and visit!! So glad to meet you!!

Beth

December 21, 2008 at 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home