Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Goodies!

Well folks, my mother in law is the bomb!  You have GOT to try these!  If you don't, then you are missing out.  I didn't take a picture...because there weren't any left by the time I got to post this!

Butter Pecan Bars (aka "Gooey Bars")
2 beaten eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cups sifter flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a bowl, combine brown sugar and eggs.  Blend in sugar, butter and vanilla.  Slowly add flour, beating well.  Add pecans.  In a lightly greased pan, bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  Use a toothpick to test for doneness.  Remove pan to a rack.  Cut into bars when almost cool.  Yields 3 dozen.


Photobucket

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Yummy in the tummy.

December 25, 2008 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger sailorcross said...

These sound absolutely delicious!! I'm going to have to give them a try--maybe a new New Year's Eve tradition!!

And surprise--I have everything I need to make them except the brown sugar!! So, I'm in business!!

December 26, 2008 at 3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home