Ahhhhhh.......Solitary Rain
I have mentioned in the last couple of posts just how busy that I have been at work lately. I can't ever remember a time when I've been busier. I've actually always been extremely busy with the job that I have, but here lately, it has really revved up even more. I know some people that know me find it hard to believe that I could be even busier than I have been over the last 10 years...but it's true. It's so true that today, I actually did something that I have NEVER done in the last 10 years of working at the hospital. My lunches, if I get one, are either quick ones with my Mom (who also works at the same hospital) or they are really not a lunch, because I am eating and working at the same time. But today, as I was deciding what "type" of hospital food that I would have for lunch today, I had an overwhelming desire just to sit in my office, with the lights out and watch the rain. The weather has been horrible here lately, but even though it's been so nasty, it's still been that "sit in the natural light and listen to the rain" kind of weather. So, I made my way down to the employee cafeteria. There waiting on me was my favorite sweet little "lunch lady" (with the big toothy smile)at the deli counter, ready to make my favorite tuna fish salad sandwich with lettuce and tomato on wheat with extra kosher dill pickle spears on the side (it's nice when I don't even have to ask---she knows what to fix me when I get there!). With sandwich, fritos (I never get fritos) and unsweet tea in hand, I headed back upstairs to the solitude of my office. I know my employees probably thought I had lost my mind. I walked in, shut my door, lowered the blinds (on the front glass of my office), turned the lights out and watched the rain....and watch the tulips....those pretty ones (that Rob brought me) that I told all of you about on Tuesday. I can't tell you how fabulous that it was. It wasn't any long length of time, but it was probably the most fabulous thirty four minutes that I have spent in my last ten years of service there. And yes, I did say thirty four minutes....after all, I still had to go to another meeting, you know.



2 Comments:
WOW!! I think that is what I need to do sometimes, too...just sit and be during my hectic day at work.
A kind of pause that refreshes, don't you think??
I'm going to be making that hand cream this weekend--if I can find some pretty containers to put it in. Where did you get them??
Beth
What a great way to decompress during lunch! I love to watch and listen to the rain. There's something cleansing & comforting about it.
Without any thunder & lightening, of course.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home