Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cafe Chat--Hurry Up And Wait!




Photobucket

Well folks, I guess I'm just destined to be the late night reading material for Cafe Chat!  I can't seem to get to posting on Saturday at a reasonable time!  But, here I am, so I guess it's time to get to the question and the answer.  Today's question from Kim at To Know Him is "After looking at the verse in Galatians, what specific 'fruit' (love, joy, peace...) do you find yourself lacking in your daily life?  Give an example if you can.  What circumstances in your life shows your weakness with the specific 'fruit' that you mentioned above."

I need a new car (patience), Rob and I have outgrown our house and need a new one (patience), I want to have a child now (patience), I'm ready for our business to take off so that I can be a stay at home housewife (patience).....is anyone detecting the theme of my answer yet?  I have really been praying for the opposite of patience as of late...my prayer has been for "contentment" until these things "move" in my life as the Lord would allow.  His timing is perfect.  The World's timing is not perfect.  For now, I crave contentment and will be thrilled at the outcomes from the Lord when I receive those desires of my heart.  I guess that praying for contentment is what has kept my soul from being down trodden.  When I have been able to focus on being content is when I feel the most "patient".  Anything that we are blessed with (a house, a child, another car, the job of a housewife) will all bring glory to the Lord, which is all that I ultimately want. 

Thank you Father for giving me patience through my contentment in circumstances!


Photobucket


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Praying for you dear.

March 22, 2009 at 12:52 AM  
Blogger sailorcross said...

Patience is a hard one, that's for sure!! I've learned patience the hard way, and all things will occur in God's time and plan.

Beth

March 22, 2009 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Toknowhim said...

Hey... It doesn't matter what time of the day you participate... I am so glad that you do.

Patience is very hard for me, but I hadn't thought about praying for contentment... What a wonderful thing to pray for...

Blessings as you wait on the Lord... Kim

March 22, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home