Sunday, May 25, 2008

To swell or not to swell

Well, here I am again. Thank you to all who have been checking the updates and praying the "fervent" prayer (James 5:16). Last night and today, Rob has had some really aggravating swelling in his right leg (surgery side). He's been having to stay in the bed a pretty good bit, which can make anyone feel bad. He had a little fever last night, but that seems to have gone away today. The physical therapist came yesterday for his evaluation, which went great. The home health nurse should be coming tomorrow and PT will be back Monday, Wednesday and Friday also. Since he was sent home on Coumadin (blood thinner), the nurse will have to draw blood each week since the medication can affect your kidney's and other organs. Also, he has been given some additional exercises on top of the ones that they instructed him to do while in the hospital. These should really strengthen his muscles in that leg, since some have to be cut during the surgery process and re-sewn together.
All in all, I've got to hand it to him.....he's been a real trooper. He's had to do some things and give up some dignities that are the antithesis of what men would even think that they had to do in their lifetime of being a man. I'm very proud of him and thank God that He has given Robert the courage to go through this surgery and all of it's "requirements". The Lord has definitely given him strength that he didn't know he possessed. Please continue to pray that he will keep that strength.
With that, I'll leave you until the next post.....the wife is a bit tired...pray for me too so that I can keep being strong for him.
Love to all,
Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home