Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tastes Like Chicken

Good morning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!  I have to start the day today with a "Thanksgiving Funny".  I spent the night at my parents' house last night in order to help my Mom out with the cooking this morning.  And, my brother and his family are staying at Mom and Dad's until Sunday. 

I will set up the scene this morning.  It's 6:45 a.m.  Mom and I are buzzing around the kitchen and the boys, my nephews, are in the living room watching "Thomas the Tank Engine".  Johnny is 6 and Will is 4.

Nana:  Boys, would you like pancakes and bacon?
Boys:   Sure Nana!!
(Nana comes back in the kitchen, delighted to get busy on the breakfast goodies.  Sissy (that's me), is busy mixing up cornbread and being the 'quiet observer'.  Meanwhile, the boys are avidly watching "Thomas".)

Will:  Hey Johnny, I don't like bacon!
Johnny:  Yes you do, Will!
Will:  NO I DON'T JOHNNY!
Johnny (who thought for less than 15 seconds):  Sure you do Will!  It just tastes like crunchy chicken!
Will (who looks up to his big brother):  Okay Johnny!

I tell you folks....You can't write this stuff.

Wife of Rob

Share

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home